Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario

Go down

Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario Empty Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:22 am

Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario BAT1

Justice

Back to top Go down

Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario Empty Re: Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:24 am

I went to a fund raiser Cruise night & what should show up but possibly one of the 3 fiberglass Bat mobiles...
It stole the show which is an oxymoron in itself since Batman & Robin fought crime.

I asked if it was 1 of the 3 original glass versions to which the driver responded that I should check the car out and decide for myself.
I right away mentioned it had the right width orange stripes on the car & he smiled and simply walked away.
If it wasn't then the creator sure did a good job of hand building this.
I know that replicars were made available.

That blacked out center arc pillar must be a bugger to see around driving around traffic.
Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario BAT1

Justice

Back to top Go down

Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario Empty Re: Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:26 am

Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario BAT2

Justice

Back to top Go down

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:27 am

Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario BAT3

Justice

Back to top Go down

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:28 am

Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario BAT4

Justice

Back to top Go down

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:28 am

Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario BAT5

Justice

Back to top Go down

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:29 am

My guess is it's a reproduction from this company. They are licensed to build 1966 Batmobile replicas, and they also sell parts for DIYers.

Fiberglass Freaks | Batmobile® Replicas

Justice

Back to top Go down

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:30 am

Very cool.

Justice

Back to top Go down

Love it!

Justice

Back to top Go down

Well, it LOOKS pretty authentic, and is a nice reproduction.

Justice

Back to top Go down

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:31 am

I'm no Batmobile expert, what stuck out to me as the first Impression was the rims look wrong. I'd bet on a replica as well, not bad though, but I liked the campy villains better anyways. Wink

Justice

Back to top Go down

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:31 am

The original had 15x7 Single Rib Raders. The wheels on this replica appear to be Cragar SS.

http://1966batmobile.com

Justice

Back to top Go down

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:32 am

I'm no Batmobile expert, what stuck out to me as the first Impression was the rims look wrong. I'd bet on a replica as well, not bad though, but I liked the campy villains better anyways. Wink
The original 1966 Batmobile, made from the Lincoln Futura concept car, used Rader single-rib 5-spoke wheels. These were replaced at some point, but were later replaced again with Radir tri-ribs, which are identical to these.

Justice

Back to top Go down

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:32 am

The Batmobile originally used the steering wheel from the Lincoln Futura concept it was made from, but it was later replaced with a a different steering wheel from a Ford. The original Futura chassis was replaced with one from a Ford Galaxie. The steering column and wheel was probably changed at the same time. The 3 fiberglass replicas were all made with identical looking Ford steering wheels.

The car pictured above appears to have a reproduction Futura steering wheel sold by Fiberglass Freaks. This is probably one of their cars, but I'm now certain it's not one of the Barris fiberglass clones of Batmobile #1.

Justice

Back to top Go down

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:33 am

My brother and I looked at a TV used bat mobile back in the 80’s. Dave Hoshaw had a ton of stuff in a Scottsdale Airport hanger for sale. Amongst all the stuff was the Dodge Diamonte at $65k (no way on earth LoL !!!), The Plymouth Duster 1 Roadrunner show car at $10k, it ran kinda... and the bat mobile at $10k. As teenagers we had $7500 between us and couldn’t swing the Plymouth. The bat mobile was a POS it had no interior just boat seats? And a wooden floor. It was the stunt car and not the close up car. It also had a fuzzy paint job. Like a flocked toy really weird. I guess so it shined but didn’t reflect back any images to the camera. Guess what I’m saying is if it’s super nice it’s probably not a TV car as that one’s in some psycho’s game room. Sure wish Dad woulda lent us the extra scratch...

Justice

Back to top Go down

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:46 am

First, this isn't a Fiberglass Freaks build. The replica was built on the west coast of Canada over some years, but after it was purchased for the lowest recorded price in history for a very complete replica at under $50K US lets be happy the chance to do this  even existed! as Fiberglass Freaks retail their replicas for well over $125K US(yes, those are the correct Radir rims! Thankfully this is one of the Best Batmobile replicas of its kind in the modern world with outstanding paint, fit and finish! Trust me I've seem them all! There are many videos/images on its complete build up and close ups of the overall build and the thousands of hours of hand craftmanship that the sole builder put into it for it to become the Incredible replica it is out there for all to enjoy! Take a look - you won't be disappointed!
Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario Ag-int-corners

Last edited by Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Justice

Back to top Go down

Post  Justice on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 11:07 am

Bat Mobile seen in ST. Catharines, Ontario BAT10

Justice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down